I don’t like when bean salad has too many starchy beans. I amended this recipe so that there are just wax beans and garbanzos, cuz that’s how I like it. You could do a combo of kidney, green, and garbanzo… or really whatever you like. This recipe was adapted from the Three Bean Salad on the Simply Recipes site.
Important note: cooked beans should still be crisp… don’t over do it. I put mine into boiling water for about 5 minutes and then directly into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process and keep them snappy.
Two Bean Salad
- 2 cups of cooked wax beans cut into manageable bites (or one 15 oz can)
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Important note: cooked beans should still be crisp… don’t over do it.
1 In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion, parsley and rosemary.
2 In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
3 Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.
Yield: Serves 4 to 8.